HELP SUPPORT QANNIK AND THE OTHER ANIMALS AT THE LOUISVILLE ZOO!
In April 2011, the Louisville Zoo officially opened the Bear Habitat and Town of Glacier Run. Since then, thousands of people just like you have already enjoyed our polar and grizzly bears as they play and entertain each other—and our visitors—in their award-winning, state-of-the-art home!
© John Gomes. Qannik as a young cub
With your help, we raised more than $26.3 million to build Glacier Run. Now that we’ve built the exhibit, we need your help to support the expert care and enrichment we’ll provide to the polar and grizzly bears (and the other animals at the Zoo), as well as the conservation education programming we’ll provide to more than 800,000 visitors each year. In addition to your support of the daily operations of Glacier Run, a gift to the Glacier Run endowment fund will provide lasting support for this exhibit for many years to come.
Here are some of the specific ways you can help:
- A gift of $50 will support the cost of an enrichment toy for the bears to play and exercise with—it’s important to keep the bears stimulated and active.
- A gift of $75 to the Annual Fund will support the daily diet of: Arki, our 26 year old female polar bear; Qannik our new polar bear cub; and our three growing grizzlies.
- For $100 today, you can help support the more than 124 pounds of fish our 8 seals and sea lions eat each day!
- For a contribution at the $333 level, you could afford 20 kids affiliated with Title I schools the opportunity to participate in the week-long School at the Zoo program.
- Choose to make a gift to the endowment to support the upkeep and operations of the Glacier Run exhibit for years to come – priceless!
Please consider making a contribution today to support the greatest needs of your Zoo! If you’d like to learn more about making a legacy gift to the Glacier Run endowment, please email email@example.com or call (502) 238-5300.
On behalf of Inga, Otis, Rita, Qannik and Siku plus and the more than 1,700 animal ambassadors that reside at your Zoo, thank you in advance for your support – we appreciate you!