Thank you for your interest in becoming an employee of the Louisville Zoo.
We are seeking candidates who are a minimum of 16 years of age and who are outgoing, friendly and customer service-oriented with a professional, neat, clean personal appearance and who are able to perform a variety of manual duties such as heavy lifting, climbing, cleaning, extensive walking, prolonged standing, etc. All seasonal jobs require weekend, evening and holiday availability and the ability to tolerate working outside in all types of weather.
Seasonal employment begins March 1 and ends October 31 each year.
If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment with a talented, dedicated and fun team we invite you to apply online today. The Louisville Zoo is an equal opportunity employer.
- Admissions – Zoo Service Clerk
- Membership – Zoo Service Clerk
- Horticulture – Zoo Aide
- Guest Services – Zoo Service Worker
- Rides & Attractions Operator – Train and Tram Driver (must be 18 years of age with a valid driver’s license)
- Education Instructor
Hourly Rate: $8.00
Click HERE to apply online.
2015 Job Fair
The Louisville Zoo will be hosting its annual Seasonal Job Fair on Saturday, January 31, 2015, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Gheens Room. Visit the Job Fair to complete the Seasonal Application and meet area supervisors.
- Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a limited criminal and driving record check.
- Employees must adhere to Louisville Zoo grooming standard (no visible tattoos or piercings, no facial piercings, etc.).
- The Louisville Zoo is a drug free/smoke free environment.
Full or Part Time Employment
If interested in full time or part time employment, please visit louisvilleky.gov/HumanResources.
For unpaid internship opportunities, please call the HR office at 238-5391 to inquire. You must be enrolled in an accredited college/university with a major in the area you are interested in for your internship. You must provide a copy of your college transcript verifying your major or a letter from your school confirming enrollment. All unpaid internships will last six weeks.