The Louisville Zoo is a special place with rustling sounds at
night and early morning ruckus. Your overnight experience starts at
7 p.m. followed by activities, time to set up your tent if you wish
to sleep outdoors (if not accommodations are available indoors) and
a night walk. After a light continental breakfast, you will have a
guided tour and depart at
9 a.m. Education staff will provide you with unique experiences throughout your Night Safari adventure. If you would like information on booking a private Night Safari (school groups, scouts, etc.), please, call (502) 238-5344.
Create Your Own Night Safari
(Note: Not available online)
This overnight program is a unique and educational experience for participants ages 5 through adult. Participants may choose to sleep under the stars, on the MetaZoo stage or inside the MetaZoo Education Center.
Night Safari programs include:
- A presentation with animals
- Group activities related to the topic of the night
- Guided night & morning walks through the Zoo
- Evening snack
- Continental breakfast featuring delicious Krispy Kreme Doughnuts
Themes will vary according to the grade level and core content curriculum guidelines, or Scout badge and meeting requirements. For more information call (502) 238.5344.
Cost: $30 per person depending on the program. A non-refundable deposit is due 10 days from the date of booking. Full payment is due two weeks prior to the date of the scheduled Night Safari.
Group Size: A least 20 paying participants. Maximum size is 100.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- Individuals who wish to cancel their registration in any
class must notify the Education Department, in writing, no less
than one week prior to the actual date of the class. We will
refund 80% of the class fee upon receipt of a written or email (Wanda.Peck@louisvilleky.gov)
There will be no refunds for cancellations made less than one week prior to class date.
- The Education Department reserves the right to cancel classes with insufficient registration.
- There will be a $10 service charge for any changes in the original registration.
- Pre-registration is required for all classes.